Friday, June 12, 2015

Red Velvet Waffles

Remember the time I was obsessed with all things Red Velvet? It couldn't last forever, but I do remember it fondly. And I still love Red Velvet. (I might need some cake balls soon.)

So the other day, after spending the better part of the day cleaning, vacuuming, and washing cars, nothing sounded better than some Red Velvet. Oh, and a shower. Since we got a new waffle iron a month ago, it's been like a game at our house to see how many different things we can make in it. I've even menu planned "Waffle Iron Night". I blame Pinterest. But it seemed like a perfect way to whip up some quick Red Velvet goodness.



I might've even sent a photo of them to Husband on his way home from work. (He wasn't driving, so there was nothing illegal or dangerous about checking his phone and drooling over the red waffly goodness.) They were requested for Mancation 5: The Reckoning before anyone besides me even tasted them. (Of course I tasted them before I sent Husband a photo. I couldn't send him a picture of a sub-par product. And I was about to get hangry from all the cleaning. I needed some sugar and red dye.)

Let me break it down for you. Are you ready? It's super complicated.

1. Buy a Red Velvet Cake Mix (Duncan Hines is my go-to brand for this flavor)
2. Take your waffle iron out of the cabinet and turn it on. I used medium heat.
3. Follow the directions on the cake mix box as you would for a cake.
4. Pour the batter on the hot waffle iron and cook until done in the middle and still soft on the outside.
5. Repeat until all the batter is gone!

I "frosted" mine with some cream cheese stuff I had left from making a strawberry pie. It was basically a block of softened cream cheese and a cup of sugar mixed on high in the mixer. For a better consistency, use powdered sugar and add milk to thin to your desired thickness.

Now, go make some. You know you want to.




Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Sounds delicious and super easy. We use our waffle iron frequently!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know what you think of them!

      Delete