Thursday, December 09, 2010

Baby #2: 20 Weeks

Baby #2 Highlights

How Far Along: 20 weeks (Need to catch up? Here’s last week.)

Size of Baby: 6 1/2 inches, or the size of a banana. Finally…something normal.

DSC05041

DSC05048

Big Brother Caedmon: Caedmon’s getting a little more used to the idea of a baby sister. He frequently asks now, “When can my baby sister come out of your belly?” Now that he knows she’s coming, he’s ready. Or he thinks he is, anyway.

Total Weight Gain/Loss: +8 pounds, according to my doctor’s visit last week.

M3 told me the other day that he’s been gaining sympathy weight, and I haven’t even seen him since I got pregnant. It makes me feel good to know that someone else has gained weight too (perhaps a little more than me, even) during the past few months. Thanks, M3. Even if you did include a photo from Rudy’s Country Store & Bar-B-Q to taunt me just before that admission.

Maternity Clothes: Pretty much only in public. At home, I still wear my regular sweats & t-shirts.

Gender: Girl! We’re gearing up for some blush and bashful around here, though not too much. I don’t want the house to look like it’s been hosed down with Pepto Bismol.

In fact, I purchased fabric for bedding yesterday! Husband and I shopped a lot online before we ventured to Hobby Lobby the other night to see some of it in person. I loved this fabric online, and I loved it even more in person. I’m glad Husband liked it, because I think it will be perfect for our little girl’s room!

This fabric will be for the outside of the bumpers. The inside of the bumpers will be chocolate brown minky dot. Yes, I know there’s no brown in this fabric, but it looks great with it.

Candy Carnival Fabric Sample, Crop

This fabric is for the skirt and bumper ties.

Stripe Fabric Sample, Crop

I still need to find pink piping for the bumpers. And I haven’t decided about curtains yet. It will depend on what color we paint the room, which I’m hoping will be a chocolate milk-kind-of brown like we have in our bathroom. I like brown.

Movement: Yes, and she seems to love apples. Of course, I am loving Honeycrisp apples right now, too. For the people that got me hooked on those, thanks a lot. You know what you did.

Tuesday morning after doing some chores and cleaning, Caedmon and I sat down to watch some cartoons together. Little Sister was punching away, so I put his hand on my belly to feel her. It took a minute, but he did feel her little punch. Shocked, he pulled his hand away and looked at me, not knowing what to say. I asked, “Did you feel your baby sister punch you?” He said, “Yes. Did she get an owie?” I love how his mind works.

Sleep: I still have this night owl thing going on, and I sleep like a log when I finally go to sleep. Mornings are not my friend. They never have been. But I am cherishing that I am able to be a bit lazy in the mornings right now. Pretty soon that will be over.

Symptoms: Crazy dreams. Mild, occasional reflux. Weird hunger issues. I won’t be hungry at all, then suddenly it’s like I haven’t eaten in a month.

What I Miss: Nothing, really.

Cravings: Nothing in particular right now.

Best Moment This Past Week: Watching Caedmon play music for his little sister and helping her “hold” her giraffe by laying it across my belly.

What I Am Looking Forward To: Finishing up my shopping for the bedding and getting that rolling!

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Look at you all on top of the ball and everything!

    The last post cracked me up.

    Sydney, Jenna, and I were talking about how well you write and how funny you are last night..so I thought I should tell you that we all think you are a great writer and are pretty stinking funny!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looove that fabric!! It's almost like a funky Paisley ;-)

    ReplyDelete