Thursday, September 30, 2010

Baby #2: 10 Weeks

Baby #2 Highlights

How Far Along: 10 weeks (Need to catch up? Here’s last week.)

Size of Baby: About the size of a kumquat, which are not to be found at any grocery store around here. (Ok, so I only checked at one.) Instead, we’re going to say that baby is the size of this little plastic hay bale. Because it measures exactly 1 1/4 inches, which is what a kumquat is supposed to be.

DSC03333

 Big Brother Caedmon: Doesn’t talk so much about the baby, but still occasionally asks questions about him/her. More interested in the fact that he used to be in Momma’s tummy at some point and the whole process of bringing the baby home. (He’s a detailed thinker, this one.)

Here, he’s contemplating things of the universe…or wondering how our baby is the size of a piece of plastic hay. (Please disregard the breakfast remnants on his face.)

DSC03334

And here, he’s getting serious about “holding it up for Momma to see.”

DSC03336

Total Weight Gain/Loss: Still in denial and not weighing myself. Moment of truth will come at my appointment next week.

Maternity Clothes: Not yet, but I am loving the Bella Band and sweatpants.

Gender: We don’t know

Movement: None yet

Sleep: I’m sleeping pretty well. Caedmon has been waking up about 5:30am, yelling for me for some random reason (potty, he’s cold, fell off the bed, etc.). So I’m pretty much awake then. Some of ya’ll would classify that as normal, but for me that’s still the middle of the night. So I lay back in bed and try to sleep until I absolutely have to get up. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t.

Symptoms: Crazy dreams. Less queasiness than last week, but still some weird moments, especially if I haven’t eaten in a while. Some days I still feel worn out by 8:30am, though. Also? I cannot stand in one place for a long time without getting dizzy. I had the same thing with Caedmon. I can walk all day long, but not stand still. I guess I won’t be standing in long lines any time soon.

What I Miss: Nothing except a real Coke here and there.

Cravings: As predicted, my craving for smoothies waned the exact moment I returned home from the grocery store with some good smoothie stuff. Fortunately, the craving for Cherry Dump Cake hit me before the grocery trip this week and I was able to get the stuff for it. It seems that no one else in my house likes it (how can you not like Cherry Dump Cake – and no, NLB, your opinion doesn’t count here), so I called HLB to come help me eat it (it’s his favorite), and he came by but didn’t get to eat any. I may eat the whole thing myself. Which is definitely not going to help when I step on the scale next week.

Best Moment This Past Week: Watching Caedmon talk to other people about being a big brother. He’s so proud.

What I Am Looking Forward To: Strangely enough, changing my clothes out in the closet. The mood struck me a couple of weeks ago, but I knew I couldn’t change my clothes out yet for fall…or for pregnancy. I’m itching to get into that closet and do something and I’m waiting for just the right time.

Pin It

3 comments:

  1. I love the pictures of Caedmon!!

    Even though I see you on an almost weekly basis, I am going to request actual belly pics after 20 weeks or so.

    I am glad you are being patient with changing out your closet. You are a smart girl. I, on the other hand, got a little excited about being pregnant and changed out my entire closet at 14 weeks to maternity/spring/summer clothes. I didn't even wear maternity pants until I was almost 25 weeks. I have no idea what I was thinking. Clearly, I wasn't thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Curly3:35 PM

    I don't even know what a kumquat is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't stand still for long either. We had Disney passes when i got pregnant with Mckenna and I had many moments of I'm going to lose it if we don't get moving in this line. I don't think it really ever went away.

    ReplyDelete